History of the company is associated with formation of the Czechoslovak Republic in 1918, although some places were already used by the army during the period of Austro – Hungarian Empire. The very first decree confirming the existence of an institution considered a forerunner of the Military Forests and Estates of Slovak Republic was the Government Regulation no. 76 issued in 1928, a founding decree of the Military Forest Enterprises.
Military training areas were established in the period of 1946 - 1951, during which economic activities were carried out by Military Forests and Estates of the Slovak Republic, SOE. The post-war period was characterized by the lack of mechanisms, professional staff and workers. Education on forest protection had been largely neglected during the war period, which implicitly caused windy and crustacean calamities.
In the sixties and seventies, the post-war situation began to improve. There was a general stage of development; the basic infrastructure of business was formed and subsequently continued to expand. New scientific – technical knowledge had been implemented into the practise, which resulted in the complex mechanization of logging as well as some other activities associated with the production. During this period, the role of Military Forests and Estates of the Slovak Republic, SOE, in landscape conservation and environmental protection of military training areas had been increased. These activities were mainly focused on large-scale sanitation and reclamation measures.
Military Forests and Estates of the Slovak Republic, SOE with the seat in Pliešovce was founded after the splitting of Czechoslovakia on 1st January 1993. The company was established by a corporate charter of the Ministry of Defence of SR as a state enterprise to saturate the needs for the effective and ecological use and management of forest, agricultural property and natural resources. The state enterprise manages directly the Forest Management Vidov Vrch and branch offices in Malacky, Kežmarok and Kamenica nad Cirochou.
Z času na čas zíďte z vyšliapaného chodníka a straťte sa v lese. Môžete si byť istí, že nájdete čosi, čo ste predtým nikdy nevideli.
/ Alexander Graham Bell /
The state-owned enterprise (SOE) with the seat in Pliešovce was founded after the splitting of Czechoslovakia in 1993. The company was established to saturate the needs for the effective and ecological forest and farmland management on the military training areas of Slovakia. The company manages the area of 65 431 ha of forest land with an annual timber extraction of about 300,000 m3. State-owned enterprise (SOE) consists of Directorate General and three branch offices based in Malacky, Kezmarok and Kamenica nad Cirochou.
Tel.: +421 45 5306 101
Fax: +421 45 5306 102
Tel.: +421 34 7954 202
Fax: +421 34 7954 205
Tel.: +421 52 4663 601
Fax: +421 52 4663 612
Tel.: +421 57 7590 501
Fax: +421 57 7590 500